1 1/4c oreo cookie crumbs
3 tbps sugar
1/4 c butter, melted
4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 c cream
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2-8 dashes red food colouring
3/4 c crushed peppermint hersheys kisses, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease your 9 inch springform pan.
2. Combine the cookie crumbs with 3 tbsp sugar and mix in a bowl. Mix in melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Press into the bottom of the springform pan.
3. Bake in oven until set, approx. 10 minutes, set aside to cool. Reduce heat to 300F.
4.Combine cream cheese, flour and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer or a kitchaid mixer on lowest speed until smooth. Add 1 3/4 cup sugar, cream and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, beat until well mixed. Stir in the eggs one at a time until just mixed. Do not over mix.
5. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls. In one bowl stir in 1 tsp vanilla. In the other bowl add peppermint extract, red food colouring and crushed hershey’s kisses. Add more food colouring if needed until you get the desired colour. Alternate layers of each white/pink until all the filling is used up.
6. Bake in oven until filling is set in the center. (Put a baking pan under the springform pan as the butter can sometimes leak through, I once set my oven on fire because of this!:) This usually takes 60 to 70 minutes. The center should jiggle slightly when pan is shaken, once this happens you know it is done. You can bake it longer if you like your cheesecake firmer. Leave it in the oven for an hour after the oven has been turned off. Then remove and allow to cool to room temperature on the counter. (The secret to a cheesecake is the slower if comes down in temperature the less chance there is that it will crack on the top.)
7. Once it is completely cooled remove the springform. Spread cool whip on the top and sprinkle with more Hershey’s kisses. Cover and refrigerate overnight.