In the past, I have made almond butter which I enjoyed but sometimes found it rather dry and bland. I haven’t been able to stomach peanut butter lately because of my pregnancy but I have been craving toast with some kind of spread. So I decided to try something different this time, made almond butter with raw cashews! It was simple, quick and more cost effective than buying it in the store. It is amazing on homemade bread or toast, I actually could eat it by the spoonful;)
1 cup Raw Cashews
2 cups Raw Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Lay out the cashews and almonds on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir once or twice so that they do not burn.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Place in the food processor and blend for 6-8 minutes or until they turn into butter. If you want it to be more liquidy you could add some water.
6. Label and place in a mason jar and store in the fridge.